Pages

Jan 18, 2012

Miss Piggy for InStyle Magazine

InStyle magazine partnered with some of the coolest designers working today to dress the one and only Miss Piggy for the November 2011 issue photographed by Dan Forbes. In it, she dresses up in everyone from Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, Brian Atwood, Opening Ceremony, Giles & Brother, and Suno — all of it custom-made to fit her body and hooves. It’s another way to give her already fashionable image even more fashion credibility before she stars as a Vogue Paris editor in the new movie The Muppets. Gurung told Women’s Wear Daily that his dress features an Empire waist because it “really complements her figure.” Pity they couldn’t get Zac Posen and Christian Louboutin, who made Miss Piggy’s movie costumes, to join in on the shoot.

"You can't take your eyes off moi in this hypnotic blue and yellow dress with high-heel espadrilles, can you? That's just how it is when I wear a design by Opening Ceremony. I'm mesmerizing... and the clothes make me even more so."

"Moi's silhouette is unique and insured, n'est-ce pas? So it is a pleasure to wear a creation like this Suno floral dress that so elegantly complement my figure. when I see me in this, the word that comes to mind is 'gangbusters'... and with that wow-ee-wow-wow gold necklace designed by my close personal friend Lizzie Fortunato, the overall look is drop-dead gorgeous, even if I do say so myself."

"Leopard platforms. Who can pull those off? No one except moi and Brian Atwood. Together, we soar to new heights of haute. In addition to the leopard print, I especially adore the way these shoes enchance my naturally svelte and statuesque gams."

"I just love saying Wu. Wu! Wu! Wu! This black feathered mini is such fancy fun! Wearing this dress, I feel I can do, say, and get away with absolutely anything. And thanks to the mysterioso matching veil, no one will ever know that it was moi!"


"Simply beautiful, yet deliciously exotic and enticingly romantic. Yes, I'm talking about myself — as well as this fabulous designed by my new BFF Prabal Gurung. While it's true that I look wonderful in most anything, there's something about Prabal's creations that make moi look almost to good to be true!"

"To call Philip Crangi's designs for Giles & Brother mere accessories would be a travesty. I prefer to think of them as the whipped cream, hot fudge, and cherry atop the haute sundae that is moi."


Miss Piggy 5 Style Commandments
  • Style is about expressing your inner self, capturing your personal ethos, and, most importantly, spending someone else's money.
  • Being stylish means constantly maintaining your image, updating your look, and destroying old photos that show you with big hair and wearing spandex.
  • Always, always dress for yourself. Otherwise, it gets way too crowded in the dressing room.
  • Clothes are like friends. They should always complement your appearance.
  • Beauty is about loving who you are. And if you have problems with that, may I suggest that you try loving who I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment